MASP is the Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) for the Mansfield District. LSP’s bring together a wide range of people and organisations in a single co-ordination framework which:
- Identifies the key issues and priorities for the District
- Produces joint pans to tackle these key issues
- Works together to improve public services, renew deprived areas and develop strong communities
- Focuses on the need and aspirations of local people, including those who are traditionally excluded
- Encourages local involvement and decision making
To summarise, the LSP’s role is to set the strategic aims for the area and see they are delivered.
All the partners are committed to the ideas of co-operation and co-ordination. They all want to make sure that the Mansfield District continues to develop a strong and sustainable economy, healthy and safe communities and an exciting and confident public image.